Friday, December 2, 2016

I CAN Say "NO"!

I had to come back to this scripture a few times today. At first glance, my thoughts went to a place - of..."But we are called to be generous, I don't get it Solomon!"
So often with Scripture the Holy Spirit provides the answers that my heart needed on this day. As a recovering people pleaser, I heard today that I can say NO. As a Christian, I don't have to respond to every hand that is outstretched, unless the Lord calls me to it. I don't have to become a door mat in the name of "love".
The Lord works in mysterious ways, get out of His Will and I can be obstructing something that He is doing in anothers life. Am I offering a blessing, or a band aid? A blessing will point it's way back to Him through which all blessings flow. A band aid fixes a problem for a heartbeat, causing our eyes to fall to our surroundings---rather than trusting on God.

This was a big one today for me. A t first pass the language was uncomfortable and thorny. I didnt like it. I got no "picture" in my head. But, I prayed and I pressed in and I feel like the Lord whispered a precious jewel to me today.
I pray that all of us will quicken our ears and our hearts so that we hear His will above our own.

No comments:

Monica: Romania

Monica: Romania
Beauty Pierces the Darkness

Join us at Encouragement Cafe!

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

On Earth As It Is In Heaven

God Will Fix This

God Will Fix This
A prayer for San Bernadino

Art in the Mission Field

Art in the Mission Field
How much would you pay for a smile like that?

God of the Impossible

God of the Impossible
Dreams made Flesh

The Majesty of God

The Majesty of God
His Threadbare Sandals

Abundance

Abundance
You taught My Feet To Dance on Disappointment

Creativity Unleashed!

Creativity Unleashed!
<3